Here are some helpful tips to guide you through the process of filing a sickness claim. You can also use this helpful checklist as well.
- All sections must be completed to ensure quicker processing
- Be sure to have the following information ready:
- Your name, date of birth, Social Security number (SSN) and address
- Claimant’s name, date of birth, SSN (if other than primary insured)
- Date symptoms and/or condition began
- Description of symptoms and/or condition
- Primary doctor information and treating doctor information (if different)
- Diagnosis from your doctor
- If there was a hospital stay, include hospital bill which includes Date/Time admitted and Date/Time discharged or the Hospital Confinement Rehabilitation Confinement Form
- If surgery or diagnostic procedure was performed, include bill with procedure code or the Surgery/Diagnostic Procedure Form
Then, before you know it, you can start receiving the benefits you need in less time than filing by paper!