Here are some tips to guide you through the process of filling out your disability claim — including important information and items to have on hand before you begin.
- All sections must be completed to ensure quicker processing.
- If this is your first time filing a disability claim, or you're filing a claim for a new diagnosis, gather copies of all the medical documentation that may be required for your condition. Information needed includes:
- Your name, date of birth, Social Security number (SSN) and address
- Medical documentation for your condition
- If you were in an auto accident, gather a copy of the accident report.
- If you have additional hospital confinement coverage to help pay for hospitalization or surgery (regardless of the type of accident or illness), gather all itemized hospital bills — including from the physician, ambulance, emergency room, hospital rehabilitation unit — and/or a copy of the operative report and diagnosis report from your physician.
Then, before you know it, you’ll start receiving the benefits you need in less time than filing by paper.