Here are some helpful tips to guide you through the process of filing a cancer claim. You can also use this helpful checklist as well.
- All sections must be completed to ensure quicker processing.
- Be sure to have the following information ready:
- Your name, date of birth, Social Security number (SSN) and address
- Claimant’s name, date of birth, SSN (if other than primary insured)
- Date cancer was diagnosed. If not first diagnosis, date of first diagnosis
- Primary doctor information and treating doctor information (if different)
- Diagnosis from your doctor (type of cancer)
- Bills or proof of treatment for surgery, medical imaging, radiation/chemotherapy, hospital stays and any other
cancer-related out-of-pocket expenses
- If there was a hospital stay, include hospital bill with Date/Time admitted and Date/Time discharged or the
Hospital Confinement Rehabilitation Confinement Form.
- If surgery or diagnostic procedure was performed, include bill with procedure code or the Surgery/Diagnostic Procedure Form.
Then, before you know it, you’ll start receiving the benefits you need in less time than filing by a paper!