File a Goodwill Child Claim

Adding to your family, either by adoption or by taking guardianship of a child, is a joy — and the Goodwill Child Benefit can help with the costs. If you have adopted a child or were awarded guardianship of a child under the age of 18 by the state, and were covered for this benefit at the time, you may be eligible to receive this credit. See below for how to file.

Here are some helpful tips to guide you through the process of filing.

Online claim filing is not yet available for Goodwill Child Claims. Please follow the steps below to file.

  • All sections of the claim form must be completed to ensure quicker processing.
  • Be sure to have the following required documents ready:
    • A copy of the final adoption decree or placement documents
    • The date of adoption or ward of guardian
    • The Adoption or Ward of Guardian claim form
Mailbox icon

For a paper form, download, print and fax the completed document to 1-800-880-9325 or mail to P.O. Box 100195, Columbia, SC 29202-3195.