Tips for filing doctor's office visit/wellness claims by using the paper form
If you find yourself in one of these situations, we’re here to help. Use these tips to guide you through the process of filing a claim.
Keep in mind that filing claims online and setting up direct deposit is the fastest way to start receiving benefits. You also may print and complete the forms by hand.
- Read your form carefully. By reading your form thoroughly before filling it out, you'll know what information you need to complete the appropriate sections.
- Review and complete the Optional Service Release Agreement. This section enables Colonial Life to release claim details, status updates and additional information about your claim to individuals you designate.
- Review and sign the Authorization Form. Be sure to sign and date the HIPAA Authorization and submit along with your claim form.
- Input your information. For your convenience, our claim forms are available as fillable PDFs. When you open our electronic forms, you'll see gray boxes, which indicate an active field for typing. You may also print forms and complete them by hand.
- Give your claim a final review. Before submitting your claim to us, carefully review it to ensure you’ve completed all required sections. This will help ensure a timely response.
- Submit your claim. You may submit your claim online (preferred), fax your claim to 1-800-880-9325, or mail it to P.O. Box 100195, Columbia, SC 29202-3195.
- Track your claim. If you're registered as a policyholder on ColonialLife.com, you can file your claim online, upload documentation on an existing claim, track the status of your claim and view correspondence. Not registered? Register now.