You can file an accident claim if you or a dependent on your policy has been in a covered accident. Use these tips to guide you through the process of filing an accident claim.
Keep in mind that filing claims online and setting up direct deposit is the fastest way to start receiving benefits. You also may print the forms and complete them by hand.
- Complete Sections 1 and 2 of the accident form. The accident date and description are required.
- To ensure faster filing, please include the following:
- A copy of the accident report (if you were in an auto accident)
- A copy of the operative report from your doctor (if you had surgery)
- All related bills, including physician, ambulance, emergency room, hospital, and/or rehabilitation unit bills, along with diagnosis information from your medical provider
- If you are unable to work, complete a disability claim form instead of the accident form.
- If you’re filing for an on-job accident or injury, have your employer complete all of Section 3.
- For all accident claims, submit a copy of your itemized bill from your doctor which includes your diagnosis and procedure codes or have you doctor complete section 4 in its entirety.
- Sign and date your claim form, and complete and sign the authorization page before filing.
- Submit your claim forms and documentation online by logging in to your account. If you don’t have an account, register here. This is the fastest way to start receiving benefits. You can file your claim, upload documentation for an existing claim, track the status of your claim and view other communication through your online account.
- Alternatively, you can fax your claim to 1-800-880-9325 or mail it to P.O. Box 100195, Columbia, SC 29202-3195.