It's a busy world these days. As a small business owner, it perhaps goes without saying that I'm switched on to work even when I'm at home. But juggling work with all the other things we have to think about - childcare, eldercare and the domestic problems that go hand-in-hand with everyday life - isn't easy. Even when my business is running smoothly, I feel like I'm failing in other areas of my life and vice versa.
It's time like these that I find inspirational quotes can help give me the energy - and insight - to start better dealing with all the things I need to do, both in work and outside.
Here are 11 inspirational time management quotes that particularly appeal to me:
1. "Those who make the worst use of their time are the first to complain of its brevity. " - Jean de la Bruyère, Les Caracteres (1688)
2. "I must govern the clock, not be governed by it. " - Golda Meir, Israeli Prime Minister (1969-1974)
3. "One worthwhile task carried to a successful conclusion is worth half-a-hundred half-finished tasks. " - Malcolm S. Forbes, Publisher of Forbes magazine
4. "In truth, people can generally make time for what they choose to do, It is not really the time, but the will that is lacking. " - Sir John Lubbock, English politician and scientist
5. "Don't count every hour in the day. Make every hour in the day count. " - Alfred Binet, French psychologist
6. "He that riseth late must trot all day, and shall scarce overtake his business at night. " - Benjamin Franklin
7. "There are only as many days in the year as you make use of. One man gets only a week's value out of a year while another man gets a full year's value out of a week. "- Charles Richards, author
8. "Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days. " - Zig Ziglar, American author and salesman
9. "While we are postponing, life speeds by. " - Lucius Annaeus Seneca, Roman philosopher
10. "If you want to make good use of your time, you've got to know what's most important and then give it all you've got. " - Lee Iacocca, American automobile executive
11. "You mustn't kill time, boys, you must cherish it. Seize the day! " - The Simpsons, Boy-Scoutz 'n the Hood
Have I missed any of your favorite quotes? Let me know in the comments