Policyholders are pleased with their claims experience and customer service
Independent customer satisfaction surveys show Colonial Life policyholders are pleased with their claims experience and customer service.
COLUMBIA, S.C. (Dec. 12, 2013) – Results from independent customer satisfaction surveys show Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company policyholders’ high level of satisfaction with the service they receive.
Survey results from the third quarter of 2013 from a random sampling of claimants with approved benefits revealed:
- 95 percent of customers report being satisfied with the overall experience of submitting their claims.
- 91 percent say the automated call confirming their claim was received gave them confidence their claim was being processed.
- 91 percent were satisfied with how easy it is to check on the status of their claim.
- 91 percent were satisfied with the timeliness of the communication they received after first filing their claim.
The four items policyholders were most pleased with regarding their claims service were:
- How quickly they received their benefit checks
- How quickly their claims were processed and how fast decisions were made regarding their claims
- How easy the claims process was
- Quality of the customer service received
“These quarterly surveys help us monitor how well we are serving our customers,” says Deb Rasmussen, vice president for claims at Colonial Life. “We care what our customers think and work hard to meet their expectations.”
Market Decisions Corporation, an independent research company, conducts the claimant surveys on behalf of Colonial Life.
About Colonial Life
Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company is a market leader in providing financial protection benefits through the workplace, including disability, life, accident, dental, cancer, critical illness and hospital confinement indemnity insurance. The company’s benefit services and education, innovative enrollment technology and personal service support more than 80,000 businesses and organizations, representing more than 3 million of America’s workers and their families. For more information visit www.coloniallife.com or connect with the company at www.facebook.com/coloniallifebenefits, www.twitter.com/coloniallife and www.linkedin.com/company/colonial-life.