Colonial Life Customers Rate Service Delivery High in 2011
Year-end surveys show policyholders and plan administrators are pleased with service
COLUMBIA, S.C. (May 8, 2012) — Results from year-end independent customer satisfaction surveys show Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company’s claimants, policyholders and plan administrators continue to be pleased with the service they receive.
LIMRA surveys more than 500 plan administrators twice a year and 1,600 policyholders monthly after they file a claim or call the company. Questions range from how fast the company answers the phone to how easy it is to reconcile invoices.
Survey results from plan administrators during the second half of 2011 revealed:
- 99 percent say it’s easy to reconcile their invoices.
- 95 percent say changes to their invoices are made within a reasonable amount of time.
- 94 percent say they are satisfied with Colonial Life’s overall service.
- 94 percent say it’s easy to do business with Colonial Life.
- 92 percent would recommend Colonial Life.
Plan administrators gave Colonial Life’s customer service representatives excellent reviews in regard to billing issues:
- 95 percent say the company’s service representatives are knowledgeable.
- 95 percent say the representatives are easy to understand.
In addition, plan administrators gave Colonial Life’s customer service representatives strong reviews in regard to claims issues:
- 99 percent say the company’s service representatives are knowledgeable.
- 92 percent say the representatives are easy to understand.
Cumulative survey results from claimants with approved benefits for the year 2011 revealed:
- An outstanding 93 percent are satisfied or very satisfied with their claims experience.
- 94 percent of those surveyed are likely or very likely to recommend Colonial Life to others.
- 94 percent says the claims submission process is easy.
- 93 percent say the filing instructions were easy to follow.
- 91 percent say their communications were timely.
- 95 percent of customers say they plan to continue their coverage with Colonial Life.
Call Center Users
Policyholders who called Colonial Life’s Service Center continue to rate its customer service representatives highly.
- Nine out of 10 customers calling the service center are satisfied overall with the service they receive.
- 90 percent said their calls were answered in a reasonable amount of time.
- 92 percent said their requests were handled accurately.
“We continue to monitor these survey results to see how we’re performing,” says Tim Arnold, senior vice president and chief operations officer at Colonial Life. “Our customers deserve the best, and we work hard to provide an excellent customer service experience for them.”
LIMRA is a worldwide research, consulting and professional development organization that helps more than 850 insurance and financial services companies in 73 countries increase their marketing and distribution effectiveness.
For more information about voluntary benefits, call Colonial Life at 803.798.7000 or visit www.ColonialLife.com.
About Colonial Life
Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company is a market leader in providing financial protection benefits through the workplace, including disability, life, accident, dental, cancer, critical illness and hospital confinement indemnity insurance. The company’s benefit services and education, innovative enrollment technology and personal service support more than 80,000 businesses and organizations, representing more than 3 million of America’s workers and their families. For more information visit www.coloniallife.com or connect with the company at www.facebook.com/coloniallifebenefits, www.twitter.com/coloniallife and www.linkedin.com/company/colonial-life.