Tips for Filing a Disability Claim
Below are some helpful tips to guide you through the claims process. If you would like more information make sure to download the Disability Claims Form or view our claims videos.
- Complete Section 1.
- For disabilities due to an accident, include the accident date and description n the appropriate fields.
- For disabilities due to pregnancy without complications prior to delivery, you only need to complete the pregnancy claim form. Ensure the date and type of delivery are included on your form.
- Have your employer complete Section 2 in its entirety.
- Have your doctor complete Section 3 in its entirety.
- Sign and date your claim form, and complete and sign the authorization page prior to filing.
To ensure faster filing, please include the following:
- A copy of the accident report (if you were in an auto accident)
- An itemized hospital bill and/or a copy of the operative report from your doctor (if you were confined to a hospital and had surgery)