The Value of Supplemental Insurance
Why Voluntary Benefits?
Although the marketplaces are designed to provide coverage
for millions of uninsured Americans, the plans could likely leave enrollees
with considerable financial exposure. Based on the plan level, lower premiums
can mean more out-of-pocket costs at claim time.
Voluntary benefits can help offset out-of-pocket costs such
as deductibles, co-pays and co-insurance. We can help you offer this added
protection through employer-paid, shared or employee-paid plans, so you can
provide your employees access to greater financial protection, with little to
no effect on your bottom line.
Are not directly impacted by market reforms
- Can be offered in addition to qualified health insurance, or
as supplemental coverage
often exempt from:
plan design changes
- Coverage requirements, including requirements
for covering preventive services
- Restrictions on limits
- Loss ratio requirements
- Coverage for dependents to age 26
- Waiting period limits
- Guaranteed issue (no pre-existing condition)
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage document
may benefit from:
- Accident insurance
- Cancer insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Supplemental life insurance
- Hospital confinement indemnity
- Dental insurance
Learn more about these valuable coverages.