Tips for filing a cancer claim by using the paper form
You can file a cancer claim if you or a dependent on your policy has been diagnosed with cancer. If you have an initial diagnosis rider, you may be able to file a claim during the diagnosis phase.
If you find yourself in one of these situations, we're here to help. Use these tips to guide you through the process of filing a cancer claim.
Keep in mind that filing claims online and setting up direct deposit are the fastest ways to start receiving benefits. You also may print the forms and complete them by hand.
- Download the Cancer claim form.
- For the fastest filing, fill out each section of the form on your computer. When you open the file, you’ll see gray boxes, which indicate areas where you can type your information.
- Review and complete the Optional Service Release Agreement. This section allows you to provide permission for Colonial Life to release information about your claim to individuals you designate, send claim payments by overnight delivery and make direct deposits into your bank account.
- Complete Section 1 in its entirety.
- If you're the main policyholder and you've been disabled due to cancer for more than 90 consecutive days, have your employer complete section 2 in its entirety.
- Have your physician complete Section 3 in its entirety.
- Sign and date your claim form, and complete and sign the authorization page.
- Carefully review your forms to ensure all required sections are completed, including all areas where a signature and date are needed.
- If this is your first time filing a cancer claim or you're filing a claim for a new diagnosis, gather a copy of your pathology report from your physician.
- Gather any itemized bills for surgery, medical imaging, radiation/chemotherapy, hospital stays and any other cancer-related out-of-pocket expenses.
- Submit your claim forms and documentation online by logging in to your account. If you don't have an account,register here. This is the fastest way to start receiving benefits. You can file your claim, upload documentation for an existing claim, track the status of your claim and view other communication through your online account.
- Alternatively, you can fax your claim to 1-800-880-9325 or mail it to P.O. Box 100195, Columbia, SC 29202-3195.