Satisfaction with Colonial Life’s handling of claims reaches 95 percent
Company made nearly 900,000 claim payments in 2015.
COLUMBIA, S.C. (April 20, 2016) —Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company’s policyholders are very satisfied with the service they received in 2015 while submitting claims.
Overall results* in 2015 found that 95 percent of Colonial Life claimants were satisfied with the overall handling of their claim. In 2015, Colonial Life made nearly 900,000 claim payments.
In addition, policyholders who submitted claims in 2015 gave positive ratings to Colonial Life in the following areas:
- 96 percent — for overall experience of submitting claim
- 93 percent — for timeliness receiving communication when first filing claim.
- 93 percent — for ease of checking claim status.
- 93 percent — for availability of claim information online**
- 92 percent — for ease finding claim information**
- 92 percent — for using simple and clear language in written communication.
- 90 percent — for timeliness receiving notification of approved claim
“Our quarterly claims surveys help us monitor how well we’re serving our customers,” said Deb Rasmussen, vice president of claims at Colonial Life. “We work hard to give America’s workers the help and support they need at difficult times in their lives. And we are working hard to do even better in 2016.”
* Colonial Life Internal Data, 2015
** Among those claimants who visited website to login and access claim information.
About Colonial Life
Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company is a market leader in providing financial protection benefits through the workplace, including disability, life, accident, dental, cancer, critical illness and hospital confinement indemnity insurance. The company’s benefit services and education, innovative enrollment technology and personal service support more than 80,000 businesses and organizations, representing more than 3 million of America’s workers and their families. For more information visit www.coloniallife.com or connect with the company at www.facebook.com/coloniallifebenefits, www.twitter.com/coloniallife and www.linkedin.com/company/colonial-life.