Colonial Life names charitable grant recipients for third quarter
Company awards more than $168,000 in grants to community organizations
COLUMBIA, S.C. (Oct. 30, 2013) – Colonial Life awarded more than $168,000 in charitable grants to nonprofit organizations in the community during the third quarter of 2013.
The following organizations received these grants:
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention - South Carolina
- Central Carolina Community Foundation
- Columbia City Ballet
- Columbia Classical Ballet
- Columbia Urban League, Inc.
- Cultural Council of Richland & Lexington Counties
- Harvest Hope Food Bank
- Healing Families Foundation
- Home Works of America, Inc.
- Humane Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Lexington County Arts Association
- Palmetto Place Children's Emergency Shelter
- Pawmetto Lifeline
- Riverbanks Society
- South Carolina Afterschool Alliance Sistercare, Inc.
- South Carolina Center for Fathers and Families
- South Carolina Independent Colleges & Universities
- South Carolina NAACP
- South Carolina State Museum Foundation
- Special Olympics South Carolina
- Town Theatre
- Trinity Housing Corporation
- United Way of the Midlands
- YMCA of Columbia
Through the company’s corporate social responsibility program, Colonial Life directs its resources to local organizations benefitting counties surrounding its corporate headquarters in Columbia, S.C., and within the state. Organizations receiving grant support from Colonial Life represent a diverse group and focus on four priority areas: education, wellness, economic development and the arts.
"Colonial Life strongly supports the community where our employees live and work," says Marie McGehee, community relations manager at Colonial Life. ‘We believe giving back to worthwhile organizations like these helps make the Midlands a better place for everyone."
Colonial Life granted more than $700,000 to nonprofit organizations in 2012 as part of its charitable giving efforts.
About Colonial Life
Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company is a market leader in providing financial protection benefits through the workplace, including disability, life, accident, dental, cancer, critical illness and hospital confinement indemnity insurance. The company’s benefit services and education, innovative enrollment technology and personal service support more than 80,000 businesses and organizations, representing more than 3 million of America’s workers and their families. For more information visit www.coloniallife.com or connect with the company at www.facebook.com/coloniallifebenefits, www.twitter.com/coloniallife and www.linkedin.com/company/colonial-life.