Colonial Life customers rate service delivery high in first half of 2013
Policyholders are pleased with claims experience and customer service
COLUMBIA, S.C. (Oct. 31, 2013) – Results from mid-year independent customer satisfaction surveys show Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company’s claimants and policyholders continue to be pleased with the service they receive.
Survey results from the second quarter of 2013 from a random sampling of claimants with approved benefits revealed:
- 96 percent of customers report being satisfied with the overall experience of submitting their claims.
- 95 percent say the automated call confirming their claim was received gave them confidence their claim was being processed.
- 94 percent were happy with how easy it is to check on the status of their claim.
- 94 percent were pleased with the timeliness of the communication they received after first filing their claim.
The four items policyholders were most pleased with regarding their claims service were:
- How quickly they received their benefit checks
- How quickly their claims were processed and how fast decisions were made regarding their claims
- How easy the claims process was
- Good customer service
Contact Center Users
Policyholders who called Colonial Life’s Contact Center during the first half of 2013 continue to rate its customer service representatives highly.
- 93 percent are satisfied overall with the service they receive.
- 95 percent said their requests were handled accurately.
- 94 percent say they will continue to keep their policy with Colonial Life.
- 94 percent said their calls were answered in a reasonable amount of time.
- 93 percent said making contact with the company was easy.
In addition, policyholders rated the company’s customer service representatives favorably:
- 95 percent say the service representatives are easy to understand.
- 95 percent say the representatives are courteous.
- 95 percent say the representatives are professional.
- 94 percent say the representatives are knowledgeable.
- 92 percent say the representatives are caring.
"These surveys provide us with valuable feedback to monitor how well we are serving our customers," says Deb Rasmussen, vice president for claims at Colonial Life. "We pay close attention to the information we receive from them so we can provide the level of service our claimants and policyholders deserve."
Market Decisions Corporation, an independent research company, conducts the claimant surveys on behalf of Colonial Life. KS&R, an independent market research firm, conducts Colonial Life’s policyholder surveys.
About Colonial Life
Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company is a market leader in providing financial protection benefits through the workplace, including disability, life, accident, dental, cancer, critical illness and hospital confinement indemnity insurance. The company’s benefit services and education, innovative enrollment technology and personal service support more than 80,000 businesses and organizations, representing more than 3 million of America’s workers and their families. For more information visit www.coloniallife.com or connect with the company at www.facebook.com/coloniallifebenefits, www.twitter.com/coloniallife and www.linkedin.com/company/colonial-life.