Customers give high marks to Colonial Life service
Claimants and policyholders are pleased with the service they receive.
COLUMBIA, S.C. (July 12, 2012) — Results from an independent customer satisfaction survey show Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company’s claimants and policyholders continue to be very pleased with the service they receive.
Each month, LIMRA surveys thousands of policyholders after they file a claim or call the company. Questions range from how fast the company answers the phone to how accurately their requests are handled. Cumulative results from surveys conducted through the first quarter of 2012 revealed:
- 93 percent are satisfied with their claims experience.
- 93 percent of customers are likely to recommend Colonial Life to others.
- An impressive 95 percent of customers say they plan to continue their coverage with Colonial Life.
- 93 percent find the instructions for filing claims easy.
- 93 percent find the claims submission process easy.
- 91 percent say communications about their claims is timely.
Call Center Users
Policyholders who called Colonial Life’s Service Center continue to rate its customer service representatives highly.
- Nine out of 10 customers calling the service center are satisfied overall with the service they receive.
- 92 percent said their calls were answered in a reasonable amount of time.
- 92 percent said their requests were handled accurately.
- 92 percent say they’re likely to keep their Colonial Life policies.
- 90 percent say making contact with the service center is easy.
In addition, policyholders rated Colonial Life customer service representatives on a variety of attributes.
- 95 percent say the representatives are professional.
- 95 percent say the representatives are courteous.
- 92 percent say the representatives are easy to understand.
- 91 percent say the representatives are knowledgeable.
“We’re always pleased to hear what our policyholders think of us” says Tim Arnold, senior vice president and chief operations officer at Colonial Life. “Customer feedback helps us monitor our performance so we can make adjustments, when necessary, to serve them even better.”
LIMRA is a worldwide research, consulting and professional development organization that helps more than 850 insurance and financial services companies in 73 countries increase their marketing and distribution effectiveness.
For more information about voluntary benefits, call Colonial Life at 803.798.7000 or visit www.ColonialLife.com.
About Colonial Life
Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company is a market leader in providing financial protection benefits through the workplace, including disability, life, accident, dental, cancer, critical illness and hospital confinement indemnity insurance. The company’s benefit services and education, innovative enrollment technology and personal service support more than 80,000 businesses and organizations, representing more than 3 million of America’s workers and their families. For more information visit www.coloniallife.com or connect with the company at www.facebook.com/coloniallifebenefits, www.twitter.com/coloniallife and www.linkedin.com/company/colonial-life.