Colonial Life customers rate service delivery high
Independent survey shows company’s customers pleased with service they receive
COLUMBIA, S.C. (March 28, 2011) — Results from an independent customer satisfaction survey show Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company’s claimants, policyholders and plan administrators continue to be pleased with the service they receive.
LIMRA surveys 500 plan administrators twice a year and thousands of policyholders monthly after they file a claim or call the company. Questions range from how fast the company answers the phone to how easy it is to reconcile invoices. Cumulative results from surveys conducted throughout 2010 revealed:
Survey results from plan administrators during the second half of 2010 revealed:
- 99 percent say it’s easy to reconcile their invoices.
- 95 percent say changes to their invoices are made within a reasonable amount of time.
Plan administrators gave Colonial Life’s customer service representatives excellent reviews in regard to billing issues:
- 99 percent say the company’s service representatives are knowledgeable.
- 100 percent say the representatives are easy to understand.
- 100 percent say they are helpful.
In addition, plan administrators gave Colonial Life’s customer service representatives excellent reviews in regard to claims issues:
- 100 percent say the company’s service representatives are knowledgeable. 99 percent say the representatives are easy to understand.
- 99 percent say they are helpful.
- An outstanding 94 percent are satisfied or very satisfied with their claims experience.
- 93 percent of those surveyed are likely or very likely to recommend Colonial Life to others.
- 93 percent says the claims submission process is easy and that communications is timely.
- An impressive 96 percent of customers say they plan to continue their coverage with Colonial Life.
Call Center Users
Policyholders who called Colonial Life’s Service Center continue to rate its customer service representatives highly.
- Nine out of 10 customers calling the service center are satisfied overall with the service they receive.
- 94 percent said their calls were answered in a reasonable amount of time.
- 94 percent said their requests were handled accurately.
- 92 percent expressed satisfaction with the company’s automated service unit option.
- 92 percent say making contact with the service center is easy.
“We pay close attention to these survey results and the information they provide,” says Annaclair Kiger, Colonial Life’s senior vice president of customer service and information technology. “Our customers know us best, and we want to make sure we’re doing everything we can to provide an excellent customer service experience for them.”
LIMRA is a worldwide research, consulting and professional development organization that helps more than 850 insurance and financial services companies in 73 countries increase their marketing and distribution effectiveness.
About Colonial Life
Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company is a market leader in providing financial protection benefits through the workplace, including disability, life, accident, dental, cancer, critical illness and hospital confinement indemnity insurance. The company’s benefit services and education, innovative enrollment technology and personal service support more than 80,000 businesses and organizations, representing more than 3 million of America’s workers and their families. For more information visit www.coloniallife.com or connect with the company at www.facebook.com/coloniallifebenefits, www.twitter.com/coloniallife and www.linkedin.com/company/colonial-life.