Tips for Filing a Universal Claim
Below are some helpful tips to guide you through the claims process. If you would like more information make sure to download the Universal Claims Form or view our claims videos.
It’s best to use a universal claim form when you have two or more of the following claims: disability, accident, cancer, hospital confinement and surgery.
Use this form when filing under more than one policy.
- Check the type(s) of claim(s) you are filing and complete section 1.
- If you’re filing for an accident, complete Section 2. The accident date and description are required when filing a universal claim.
- If you’re filing for disability, have your employer complete Section 3 and your doctor complete Section 5 in their entirety.
- Have your doctor complete Sections 4A and 4B in their entirety, if applicable to your claim.
- Sign and date your claim form, and complete and sign the authorization page prior to filing.
To ensure faster filing, please include the following:
- A copy of the accident report (if you were in an auto accident)
- Any related itemized bills, including physician, ambulance, emergency room, hospital, and/or rehabilitation unit bills, along with diagnosis information, procedure codes, anesthesia, etc. from your medical provider