Group and Individual Product Portfolio
Flexible Options to Help America’s Workers
Group and Individual Products for Each Client's Unique Needs
Colonial Life has 75 years of experience developing and pricing supplemental insurance products. We offer you and your clients a comprehensive group and individual product portfolio with maximum flexibility to determine which products best meet their unique needs.
Learn how to grow your business. We'll focus on the benefits.
Our Product Portfolio
We offer group and individual options on all product lines listed below (except where noted). Guaranteed issue options are available across all lines, and we can efficiently enroll both group and individual products on the same platform.1
- Life (term, whole and universal, which includes long-term care rider option)
- Hospital confinement indemnity
- Specified disease for critical illness
- Specified disease for cancer
- Short-term disability
- Dental (individual product only)
What’s Right for Your Clients – Group or Individual?
Group and Individual products aren’t the same. That’s why we equip you and your clients with information to weigh the pros and cons and flexibility to select the right product mix.
- More flexible underwriting than individual products
- More flexible rates than individual products
- Group-level rate increases
- Ported or converted at higher rates
- Minimum participation requirements common
- Portable Guaranteed renewable in most states
- No participation requirements
- No account-level rate increases
- Typically stricter underwriting
- Typically higher priced than group products
- Limited rate flexibility
1Account and case size limitations apply to guaranteed issue options. See your benefits representative for complete details.
Products vary by state and may not be available in all states.