Colonial Life Customers Pleased With Customer Service Delivery
COLUMBIA, S.C. (Jan. 17, 2012) — Results from an independent customer satisfaction survey show Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company’s policyholders and plan administrators continue to be pleased with the service they receive.
LIMRA surveys 500 plan administrators twice a year and thousands of policyholders monthly after they file a claim or call the company. Questions range from how fast the company answers the phone to how easy it is to reconcile invoices. Cumulative results from surveys conducted throughout 2011 revealed:
Survey results from plan administrators during the second half of 2011 revealed:
- 99 percent say it’s easy to reconcile their invoices.
- 95 percent say changes to their invoices are made within a reasonable amount of time.
Plan administrators gave Colonial Life’s customer service representatives excellent reviews in regard to billing issues:
- 95 percent say the company’s service representatives are knowledgeable.
- 95 percent say the representatives are easy to understand.
In addition, plan administrators gave Colonial Life’s customer service representatives excellent reviews in regard to claims issues:
- 99 percent say the company’s service representatives are knowledgeable.
- percent say the representatives are easy to understand.
- percent say they are helpful.
- An outstanding 93 percent are satisfied or very satisfied with their claims experience.
- 93 percent of those surveyed are likely or very likely to recommend Colonial Life to others.
- An impressive 95 percent of customers say they plan to continue their coverage with Colonial Life.
Call Center Users
Policyholders who called Colonial Life’s Service Center continue to rate its customer service representatives highly.
- Nine out of 10 customers calling the service center are satisfied overall with the service they receive.
- 92 percent said their calls were answered in a reasonable amount of time.
- 92 percent said their requests were handled accurately.
- 91 percent expressed satisfaction with the company’s automated service unit option.
- 90 percent say making contact with the service center is easy.
“We pay very close attention to these survey results and how we’re measuring up,” says Tim Arnold, senior vice president and chief operations officer at Colonial Life. “Our customers know us best, and we want to make sure we’re doing everything we can to provide an excellent customer service experience for them.”
LIMRA is a worldwide research, consulting and professional development organization that helps more than 850 insurance and financial services companies in 73 countries increase their marketing and distribution effectiveness.
For more information about voluntary benefits, call Colonial Life at (803) 798-7000 or visit www.ColonialLife.com.
About Colonial Life
Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company is a market leader in providing insurance benefits for employees and their families through their workplace, along with individual benefits education, advanced yet simple-to-use enrollment technology and quality personal service. Colonial Life offers disability, life and supplemental accident and health insurance policies in 49 states and the District of Columbia. Similar policies, if approved, are underwritten in New York by a Colonial Life affiliate, The Paul Revere Life Insurance Company, Worcester, Mass. Colonial Life is based in Columbia, S.C., and is a subsidiary of Unum Group, one of the world’s leading providers of employee benefits.